Monday 24 September 2012

Muse - The 2nd Law

I've just finished listening to The 2nd Law (it's streaming from The Guardian's website) and I must say: I like it. I actually think it's a better album than The Resistance. It's beautiful, rocky, funky, bass-y slap-y, emotional, heartfelt, awe inspiring - truly truly awesome.

Its particular gems are Madness, Supremacy, Panic Station, and Big Freeze. To be honest though, the only song I actually don't like is Unsustainable. But I suspect that one might grow on me given time. There are already some parts that I really like.

I'm not sure if this is their best album so far; it's got fierce competition from "Origin of Symmetry" and "Black Holes and Revelations". But it's definitely a wonderful album. It's so diverse, yet it works so well as a whole. Muse really knocked it out of the park with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment